Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Bread Recipe
Created by Ada High School, Ada, OK | Cady Merchant, 2013-2015 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 1 loaf | Total time: 1 hour
A delicious and flavorful chicken curry you can have on your table in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Optional: dark chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the 2 cups rolled oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until it has become a flour.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk until blended.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas well and whisk in the Greek yogurt and the eggs. If you would like to make chocolate banana bread, toss ½ cup of dark chocolate chips with a spoonful of coconut oil in a small bowl, microwave at 30 seconds increments until melted, and stir chocolate into wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together by adding dry to wet and gently stir until combined. Add any extras – walnuts, coconut, more chocolate chips, etc.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean – this is a moist bread, so don’t be too worried if the knife comes out a little wet.
- Let cool and transfer it to a Tupperware container.
- Serve warmed up or cool, both ways are divine! YUMMY!