Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry & Quinoa Salad Recipe
Created by Halsey Academy, Elizabeth, NJ | Juliette Brown, 2015 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 4-6 servings | Total time: 30 minutes
A protein-packed Brussels sprouts salad you will want to eat again and again!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (1 small orange)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the package’s directions (Remember: 1 cup dry = 2 cups cooked).
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts then trim the ends, halve lengthwise, and thinly slice crosswise.
- Combine all the ingredients in one bowl and mix together.
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Combine the orange vinaigrette and the sprouts salad, mix well to coat. The sweet taste is so divine! ENJOY!