Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad with Feta Recipe
Created by West Beck HS, Charlotte, NC | Maggie Baker, 2014-2016 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 4 servings | Total time: 25 minutes
An Indian inspired cauliflower quinoa salad you will want to eat all the time!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch radishes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (8.8 oz.) package garlic naan
- 4 tablespoon quinoa
- 1 lb. ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil on high heat. Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut out the core. Break the cauliflower into florets. Cook for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Trim and wash the radishes and cut them into quarters.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the cumin, the curry powder and the quinoa and toast for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently until the quinoa is crisp.
- Add the cauliflower, increase the heat and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large dish.
- Wipe the frying pan with a paper towel. Pour the remaining oil into the frying pan. Tear the naan into pieces and stir-fry over medium heat until crisp.
- Add the fried naan, together with the chopped tomatoes, radishes, and cilantro to the salad and combine well. Crumble the feta cheese and serve immediately.