Chicken Carrot Fried Rice Recipe
Created by Garinger HS, Charlotte, NC | Latisha Williams, 2014-2016 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 6 servings | Total time: 35 minutes
A super easy fried rice you must try tonight!
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
*The rice should be done or almost done*
- Cube the chicken breast and mince two cloves of garlic.
- Combine the chicken breast, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and the garlic in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop the broccoli and slice the green onions.
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. olive oil, stir fry the broccoli and the green onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir fry an additional 4 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, stir fry the chicken in the remaining oil until it is no longer pink.
- Add the rice, the pepper, the vegetables and the remaining soy sauce.
- Stir fry until heated through. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.