Chicken Chop Salad Recipe
Created by Sunnyside High School, Fresno, CA | Kate Shelton, 2015 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 2-4 servings | Total time: 30 minutes
An explosion of colors, flavors and textures!
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 2 bell peppers of different colors (yellow and red for example)
- ½ red onion
- 1 container goat cheese crumbles
- 1 package uncooked chicken tenders
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Sauté the chicken tenders for about 5 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken tenders are baking, chop all the vegetables and toss together in a large bowl.
- Allow chicken to cool, then chop tenders into bite-sized pieces and toss everything.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of cheese into the bowl and drizzle salad with balsamic vinegar.
- Toss everything together and serve, it is so YUMMY!
Pro Tip: Omit chicken for a light side salad and goat cheese can be replaced by feta cheese!