Chicken Stuffed Pita Recipe
Created by Roosevelt HS, Los Angeles, CA | Saul Jimenez, 2013-2015 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 2 servings | Total time: 20 minutes
Super fun, super good, super easy, super healthy!
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp. hummus
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 romaine leaf
- A handful of chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 pita bread
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce and the honey, stir well to combine.
- Marinate chicken in the sauce while you prepare the rest.
- Dice all the veggies and chop the pecans.
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Cut the pita bread in half and stuff it with the desired amount of hummus, chicken, veggies, pecans and romaine lettuce.