Elvis Muffins Recipe
Created by Del Norte HS, Crescent City, CA | Rachel Marler, 2014-2016 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 8 muffins | Total time: 40 minutes
Elvis, the King of Rock and Roll, had a deep love for peanut butter and bananas!
- 1 cup natural organic peanut butter
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey (or stevia, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional add-ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips, or 1 cup fresh raspberries, or 1/2 cup dried raisins or cherries, or 1 sliced banana
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients mix until smooth. At this point, you can fold in one of the optional add-ins, if desired. (Adding the fresh raspberries or dried fruit will make these taste like a ‘peanut butter and jelly’ muffin!)
- Pour the mixture into the muffin liners and bake for about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean – these are moist muffins, so don’t be too worried if the knife comes out a little wet!
- Those muffins are to die for! ENJOY!