Healthy Hot Fudge Sundae Recipe
Created by Ada High School, Ada, OK | Cady Merchant, 2013-2015 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 3 servings | Total time: 20 minutes
Guilt-free dessert, you can even go for seconds!
- 3 bananas
- Optional: unsweetened almond milk
Chocolate fudge sauce:
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or other low fat milk)
- 1 ½ tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Peel and slice the bananas.
- Place them in a container or a freezer bag and stick them in the freezer.
- Once frozen, put the slices in a blender. You can add a touch of milk to make it even creamier. Blend it up!
- You can add cinnamon, peanut butter, cocoa, etc. for different flavors.
- Put the dates, cocoa powder and almond milk into a blender, and blend together until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- This sauce can be served warm, refrigerated or re-warmed.
- Assemble the Sundae with the banana ice cream, hot fudge and berries! YUMMY and HEALTHY!