Lebanese Hummus Recipe
Created by New Design High School, NY, NY | Caleigh Feldman, 2014-2016 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 8 servings | Total time: 5 minutes
Looking for a healthy and tasty snack? Try this Lebanese hummus recipe!
- 2 cans cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup of tahini
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil (to start)
- ¼ cup of water (to start)
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ to 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, water, olive oil, salt and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy. You will probably need to add more olive oil or water. Just do so slowly.
- Taste. Taste. Taste. You don’t want the hummus too thick or too runny. Make it to your liking. Also, add as much salt and cayenne as you like. Just remember to do so slowly.
- Place the hummus into a round flat dish. Drizzle liberally with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve with hot pita bread or crunchy raw veggies.