String Beans Recipe
Created by West Beck HS, Charlotte, NC | Maggie Baker, 2014-2016 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 4-5 servings | Total time: 20 minutes
Reinvent the green bean casserole! This one is so much better!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. string beans “tails removed”
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Spritz of fresh lemon juice
- Fill a 4-quart pot with water about ¾ full and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Add the string beans and blanch them for 3 minutes.
- Drain the string beans and place them in ice bath to stop cooking and to preserve the color.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots, the garlic and the chopped rosemary and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with ¼ cup of water. Add the blanched string beans and a pinch of salt. Taste for doneness.
- Add lemon zest and spritz of lemon juice.
- Serve immediately! Mmmm DELICIOUS!