Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Created by Health Professions HS, Sacramento, CA | Alice Curchin, 2014-2016 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 4 servings | Total time: 40 minutes
Much better than French fries!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4′′ thin strips, or to desired thickness and length.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet (optional: covered with parchment paper). Spread the potatoes in a single layer. Try not to overcrowd or have multiple layers of fries — you want them to be roasted, not steamed.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning the fries once or twice during that time to cook evenly. It may take more or less time, depending on the size and thickness you cut the fries.
- Remove once the edges slightly begin to brown and fries begin to crisp.
- Serve with healthy ketchup or any healthy dipping sauce of your choice. Those fries are so YUMMY!