Turkey Avocado Sandwich Recipe
Created by Coachella Valley HS, Thermal, CA | Luz Aceves, 2013-2015 | Edited by Delphine Remy
Yields: 1 sandwich | Total time: 5 minutes
So simple, yet so delicious! The avo, aka avocado, makes it so creamy and healthy!
- 1 tablespoon healthy mayonnaise
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli turkey breast
- ½ avocado – peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 red onion slice
- 1 Roma tomato slice
- Jalapeño slices (canned) to taste
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of both slices of toasted bread.
- Top one slice with Swiss cheese, turkey, avocado, tomato, lettuce, onion and jalapeño.
- Place the remaining bread slice on top, slice in half, and serve with extra veggies for a healthy meal!