Zucchini Pasta Recipe
Recipe by Lindsey Maurice-Walker, Regional Program Manager in Oklahoma
Yields: 2-4 servings | Total time: 30-45 minutes
- ½ tsp of EVOO
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- a pinch of Himalayan salt or kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- **¼ Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Ranch Dressing (any low sugar ranch dressing will also work)
- Warm EVOO in a medium sized skillet over medium heat
- Wash the tomatoes and zucchinis well. Using the Spiraler, spiral the zucchini and make zucchini noodles. Place the zucchini noodles in a medium sized bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of Himalayan salt or kosher salt. Let sit while you prepare the optional turkey meat balls and shrimp.
- Elevate your dish by adding turkey meat balls, shrimp, or make it vegan by adding chopped Roma tomatoes to the dish. If you are choosing to use turkey meat balls or shrimp, season the ground turkey and/or shrimp in a separate bowl (being careful not to cross-contaminate) with 1 tsp of the following: onion powder, garlic salt, Himalayan salt, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning and mix until the seasoning is evenly distributed. Using your hands, create small turkey balls with the ground turkey.
- Add the seasoned shrimp or turkey balls to the heated skillet. Lower the heat to medium-low heat and let cook until golden brown. Remove the meatballs/shrimp and add to a separate plate for later.
- If you are not using the meat options, simply add your zucchini noodles to the heated skillet and let cook over medium-low heat for ~10min or until noodles are soft (not too long or they get mushy).
- Remove the noodles, and add them to your plate.
- If you are choosing to use the vegan option, chop the three Roma tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add your topping to your plate of zucchini noodles and drizzle the dressing on top, and enjoy!